Sunday 30 January 2022

59 to 60 Part 45

 

                                                                                24/01/22

Hello and welcome to part 45 of this blog this morning we had breakfast and chat about what to do today, and think it will be out for a while for some air and bit off shopping Helen seems still fine might be a bit more confused so will keep a close eye on her today. Then some sad news and I feel I have to mention this it is about a young girl called Lilly she is from Perth and she was a dancer, I met her once as she danced with my nieces daughter Kendal, Lilly has been fighting cancer for years she has gone through hell but this young lass never had a smile of her face she has done so much in her little life she has met famous people and well they all wanted to meet Lilly she has been on TV on the news just this smiley wee beautiful girl who showed so much courage no matter what she went through she did it with so much sparkle and so much dignity, well this morning at 7-17 this young 14year old girl lost her life and the world is a sadder place without her, I sit with a tear in my eye writing this bit but she deserves everything that will be said or written  about her. And her mum and her family and all the many thousands of friends she has made my thoughts are with you all. I will do no more of this today. R I P Young Lilly x

                                                               Dance among the stars Lilly 

                                                                                 25/01/22

Hello and it has been a busy day, after breakfast we got ready to go to surgery so Helen can have some bloods taken which went fine, after that we visited a few shops but we were parked a bit far from the shop so Helen did get some nice cold air and she managed although she was tired after all this so we decided just to come home and have a cuppa and something to eat, we needed to do a bit of cleaning so I headed into the back room while Helen was in the bedroom, I was trying to make space as Helen wanted to put some clothes in the room so I managed to clean a bit of it up for this to happen and I also took all my whisky to the mancave and noe under lock and key mmm well it is precious stuff and I do have a few bottles.

Helen was putting stuff away and cleared a lot from her wardrobe and ended up with five bags of clothes for charity and of course she became upset she said she would not be able to wear them due to the weight loss and well I'm sure there was a lot more going on in her head, it is hard to watch someone you love so much go through this it really is. She looked tired as well so I told her that would be enough for today and to try and just relax for a while before tea so that is what we are both doing now. We have a free day tomorrow so I'm not sure what we will do but I have said to Helen it may be a good idea just to have a day around the house as we have another busy day on Thursday but if she feel she wants some air then it is no problem to go out for a while we shall wait and see.

                                                                      26/01/22

Well a good start to Wednesday up early again with Helen and this time I made her breakfast and we sat together in the bedroom and did our usual wee chat and Helen then took her tablets, after that Helen decided on shower for today around 1pm so I went out for a while and managed 14miles on my Felt road bike which was good and yes was cold but it did clear my head and ready to take on the day.



some photos from todays wee 14miles, after this when I got home I did my stretches then was out again to take some stuff to the charity shops and now back home. Later on will have to go out to check tyre on bike as it was flat this morning and also give it a bit of a clean and spray with some oil. Quiet day not much going on at all.

                                                                        28/01/22

Hello Friday, I could not do a blog yesterday as we were busy as Helen had to go to appointment at oncology and we were at the place for a long time and when we got home we had still a lot to do and it ended up to much as Helen became really confused last night after tea and at one point I was going to call for an ambulance as I thought she might have had a TIA a mini stroke but I waited as I was beginning to think it was more to do with her being tired and she had stopped some of her drugs and steroids went down to 3mg as well, just to explain she stops some of her tablets for a week and then restarts them. I finally managed to get her to come through to the living room and settle for a while and by time we went to bed she did seem a bit better and this morning although still a bit confused she is talking a bit better as well, again I am keeping a close eye on her today as her sister and niece are coming to see her but if I don't think she is up for it then I am going to ask them if they can leave it another day. So it means I don't have a plan really for today I was hoping for a walk and bit time in the mancave and leave Helen to have that silent time just a couple of hours chilling and recharge the batteries. 

I have been looking through some photographs and found a couple I would like to share couple of Buzzards in flight, I have missed being out with my camera as not been going far enough but hoping next week we can go for a wee drive and just snap a couple of old buildings or some wildlife.



Love seeing these birds of pray the way they just glide and dive for prey the wing span when they get close is just amazing and even better if you manage to get in the colours as well. Well let see what the day does bring shall we? Very emotional visit Helen wanted a group hug and for me to take photos, it was very emotional and they were all in tears I kept mine for when I was sitting on my own like now. 



They three Helen changed my life and Joyce and young Helen have enhanced my life. Helen has been really confused and is still a bit confused now I am going to give it a few days to see how if the tablets help. I find it hard as I love them s women and to see her sitting her hand shaking and bit forgetful this women the love of my life I struggle to see her like this but as I have said she is an incredibly strong women and I am lucky to have her as my wife and my best friend and I am doing all I can to keep her on this earth as long as I can. So tonight I hope she feels refreshed from her sleep and we can have a nice evening together. 

                                                                          29/01/22
A not to bad start to Saturday Helen sounds more like herself and I am hoping that as the day goes on it stays like this for her as I think the last few days have just been to much for her, she woken up and started talking and even apologised for yesterday which I told her not to say sorry as it is something we have to get used to and be able to deal with it a bit better, I can't imagine what it must be like knowing what you want to say but just not being able to get the words out just must be so frustrating for her. So at this moment Helen is having some quiet time and I am not long back from a walk and getting some messages and also batteries for my watches and also a new strap so that's the two out of four working mmm yes I have to many watches. It is a very blustery day and I blew a post down that hit the window of my car luckily no damage was done. Helen is up and just pottering around but does seem a lot better and I'm now wondering if it is the fact that she is off certain tablets for a week that makes her confused for a couple of days it is a thing I am going to keep an eye on. Well was a good walk wild but good.

                                                                             30/01/22
Hello and welcome to Sunday we were up very early 7-30 and had breakfast around eight and after this i was out for a walk so Helen can have that hour to herself in bed where it is nice and peaceful and it seems to do her a lot of good as she does seem much better over the last two days which is good. I have a bit of work to do in the garage which i am about to do now as seemingly we are in for another storm around 15-00 this is becoming the norm now as we had a storm yesterday as well which killed one woman up in Aberdeen and left people without electricity again and trees down as well. So onto this wee job and lets see what the rest of the day brings.




Well was out in the garden for a while and managed to get wee job done then in the man cave to sort few things out as well. Above is just a few photos from the past. At the moment the rain is on but still no storm as yet even though we keep getting warnings of it arriving around three but it is now nearly four and as i say still very calm. Tomorrow is a day that could be quite hard as Helen is going to the funeral directors and i am going to take her but i think she wants to go in and speak to them herself . I finish this weeks blog with a word about Helen and that word is LOVE,
GED… 


No comments:

Post a Comment