Sunday 23 January 2022

59 to 60 part 44

 

                                                                             17/01/22

Hello and welcome to part 44 of this blog, it is a lovely day out the sun is out and it’s that nice fresh cold that I love. This morning when Helen woke up she asked if she could try and make her own breakfast which said yeah go for it but let me do things like boil the water as your still bit dizzy/unstable which was fine, she managed this and even though it took wee bit longer it was great to here her ask and manage, she is now going to sit in the kitchen and clean the freezer to see how she gets on and I am going to clean the bathroom and give the house a bit of a clean as we have occupational therapy and a physio coming down at 2pm to see how they can help Helen around the house. I have been for a walk along the beach front and then picked up some tablets for Helen so all in all not a bad start to the day.



 The nurses have been to see Helen she now has a walking aid and they have fitted a board in the bath to make it easier for Helen to get in and out not the bath they were very helpful and gave Helen as much to me as she needed especially to get used to the walking aid which was s not to bad considering. It has been a good day as things go and Helen has done a lot for herself which I’m proud of as this is the girl I married the fighter. After they left I went for a forty minute walk and it was stunning a full moon 🌕 a and was just a love sky and just cold and very fresh. 




I am now back home and having a 20min chill before tea and Helen is lying in bed doing the same as it still makes her a bit weary but it’s great as I say seeing her get up and want to do stuff, that’s ma Helen xx 

                                                                           18/01/22
Another good day so far Helen was up and made both our breakfasts but still did not want her to make tea as boiling water at the moment not safe as she is still bit unstable on her feet but is definitely better, we have podiatrist today at 15-30 so i ma going to get her up about 13-30 for lunch so as i say as the days go this has been another good day and it is great to see Helen having a bit of independence back does not matter how small it will make her feel much better. I have finally been out on my bike and just managed over 9miles and must admit even though it was a bit cold it was great to be out and this time it was my mountain bike 🚵‍♀️ it was pretty easy cycle as i have not been out for a long time and am hoping i can maybe do the same tomorrow.

So a couple of photos from this mornings cycle sky still had a lot of colour to it and i hope for the same tomorrow cycle, this really gives me a bit of time just to put things in perspective and clears my mind as well, it was good when i got home and Helen was on the phone to her sister and i could here her laugh it gave me a little boost as well so yeah today is a good day and i hope for many many more as hope is all i have.
Helen been to podiatrist who is very happy at the way her feet and skin is and Helen feels much better for having her toe nails cut mmm and her nails on her finger as she asked the nurse if she could clip them and nurse was very nice and did them for her. So back home now for chill before tea and then tonight will listen to the football and hopefully if my team win watch the highlights tonight. 

                                                                      19/01/22
Well today has been another what can be classed as a good day, I was out early and managed a 10mile cycle it was nice cold bit as I have said it always feels fresher when it is cold, when I got back Helen was awake and decided that today she would like to go to Arbroath and to Morrisons to see how she got on with the help of a shopping trolly walking around doing a bit shopping, and she got on fine yes she was a bit slow and at times staggering but she managed and as I keep saying that is great you are doing or even trying this after all you have been told and all you have went through in the last few weeks I'm bloody proud of her she is an amazing women and does not give herself enough credit. So after that we went and got two lattes and drove down to the docks in Arbroath and sat and had a bite to eat which was just great and Helen was glad to be out for a while, yes she did get weary and we are now home and she is having a wee nap but she has not done things like this in a while and mentally it must be trying for her not alone physically. So like I say as days go the last 3 have been good. 


Some photos from todays cycle, it was a very nice morning but did cloud over in the afternoon but I’m glad I have been a belt to fit in a few miles and I hope I manage wee bit more this week. 


And a couple from Arbroath harbour, it is a nice harbour and just sitting watching the world go buy was just the job for Helen and me. Well that’s it for today quiet night as always and see what tomorrow brings. 

                                     20/01/22
Well a busy start to the day I was awake about 5-30 and Helen put on the light so we had a wee chat then did manage to get back to sleep for a while, around 7-30 we decided to have an early breakfast of a bacon roll which was braw. I had to go to my work and hand in a line and this time I felt strong enough to speak to all the staff that were on and I was again blown away by all their kind thoughts and hugs they really are a top team just the best I have worked with. It was then onto a quick visit to Tesco and home to do a bit tidying as Helen sister Joyce I s coming to visit this afternoon which Helen will be happy as she does look and feel better at the moment. 
Fixing mountain bike seat as it came loose yesterday when was cycling thought at one point it was going to fall off completely but managed to do a quick tightening while was out but hopefully this will be ok, it’s a very old bike by still goes well I like to call it my bits off bike as it’s fitted with parts from different bikes 😂. 

                                                                          21/01/22
Hello and welcome the weekend we have had breakfast and i have been out for a ten mile cycle, it is a lovely frosty morning just my kind of day, it was nice and i decided to try and smile a bit more today as at this present time Helen is doing ok and we have to live for each moment  she has showing true strength and so much dignity that she deserves me to do all i can for her but in saying that she is beginning to do more, she wants to go and get some birthday cards and my valentines card today and then hopefully we can have a sit at the water and have a cuppa and a bite to eat, so at this moment i am in my man cave doing this blog about to go in to see what time Helen wants to go out.


On a sadder note i just seen that a singer called Meat Loaf has died aged 74 he brought out one of the albums of the 70s and to this day stands the test of time and if you are young and never heard it then go and have a listen to bat out of hell it is an iconic album every track will have you hooked. I re bear sitting in the house watching a program called the old grey whistle test and they played Bat Out Of Hell it fkn blew me away, he was a big guy but man he had a voice. Sad day R I P m l.
                                                                        BAT OUT OF HELL

In ferry this afternoon Helen used her walker for the first time outside and she managed fine, even in shops where she wanted some time alone so she could buy my valentines card and got to say both shops the ladies helped Helen as well which was good of them so yeah smiled a lot today and so did Helen, we all think it is older people who use walking aids but it is not and no matter how old you are if you need one and it helps you even just round the house then use it and get some confidence and hopefully air in the lungs. So today I smiled. 

                                                                            22/01/22
Been away for a walk again along the waterfront and into the ferry to get a haggis for burns night which we may celebrate tomorrow we shall see, we are off to Arbroath again today t see if we can get something to put down at Helens mums grave as it is her birthday soon. Walk along beach front was nice and if the day stays nice I may venture out again for a wee walk we shall see. I spoke to my best mate Kenny today to give him a wee update on how things are going and also to find out how Kenny and Val and family are doing and a general catch up as I always like speaking to him and as I have always said he is a top bloke and I hope one day we can return to the hills and meet up and have a wee dram and just a better catch up. So on to the rest of the day and see what it brings.





Just back from Arbroath and we managed to do everything we needed to do, was not to bad day bit milder so we were once again able to have a cup of tea while we were out and Helen managed to put some flowers down at her mums as well, now back home and i am listening to the football and currently in the Scottish cup we are 1-1 with Kilmarnock and i have this sense of doom lol that we will lose a goal in the last bloody minute but that is part of supporting Dundee United we have lost the last six games in the league. Well as for today that is it another night in front of the box and i am hoping i can watch the highlights tonight….. HOPING!

                                                                            23/01/22
Sunday morning and yes was up with the lark as believer it or not my team won and we are through to the next round of the Scottish cup whoopie, so after breakfast I have the house a clean as Helen’s friend is coming to visit this afternoon, next was take some rubbish to the tip its been sitting in the garage for a while and i went in yesterday and tripped on the bloody thing ha ha near Headed the tumble dryer so that’s away now thank god. More cloud about today but not as cold as it has been in the last couple of days which is fine. Leaving bike until tomorrow but if Helen wants some time with Susan i may take myself for a walk or come back out to the man cave and do a couple of wee jobs, i am wanting some boards put up where I can’t stick some photos on been meaning to do it for a while we shall see what i am in the mood of. Well a real quiet day Helen feels bit tired so we decided to just stay in house so not much else to put on today. So another week done and it has been ok was good to see Helen up and getting out a bit more. Until next week thanks for reading. 
Ged 







































































































No comments:

Post a Comment