Sunday 2 January 2022

59 to 60 Part 41

 

                                                                             27/12/21

Hello and welcome to part 41 a new week begins and a big week as well for us both especially Helen. To start though i have been up and down most of the night with toothache and yes the dentist is still closed, i am trying to hold of until tomorrow so I don’t need to phone nhs 24 as i am sure they are very busy but if it gets worse i will have to phone. Today we have no plan i think Helen has a few things to do and i have to put a few things away and clean one room but nothing to exciting. The weather again is still grey and pretty much crap and i know one day i will waken up and see blue sky instead of this grey that has been hanging about for a while now. So onto today and the start of a new week let us see what it brings. Well it did get worse a lot worse I was on the phone waiting for an answer from nhs 24, then was told someone would call me back and they did 4.5hrs later and I know have to wait until tomorrow, I am in so much pain especially when I sit down it’s excruciating I’ve not felt pain like that for a while well with toothache, when I stand and walk it eases so it looks to be a very long night as it has been during the day as I have hardly sat down and when I finally do it takes ten minutes and bang the pain hits and takes about ten minutes to ease. So as I say a very long night ahead. 

                                                                            28/12/21

Hello and yes it was a very long night as my Toothache was so sore and it only seemed to hit me when I sat down or lay down most of my early night was pacing up and down in the spare room and when I took painkillers just before I went to bed wee this did not help one little bit as as soon as I was in bed I was out of it again, I ended up in the living room pacing back and forward listening to various podcasts and every now and again sitting down for five minutes or until my tooth started hurting again, this lasted until around 4-30 when I decided to sit for five minutes and amazingly fell asleep for 1hr when I woken up my tooth felt not to bad so I went to bed to see if I can get a bit extra sleep and yup I did, I woken up at 9am and still felt ok. I had phoned NHS 24 and it took 2hrs to get an answer and they said a dentist would phone back within 3hrs mmm 4.5hrs later I got a call to say I won't be seen until today and it urns out the tooth is ok he seemed to think it was an abscess due to food being trapped between my teeth. So am back home and not much difference from last night at the moment but we shall wait and see. Cleaned out Helens car and just have to give it a wash and clean inside then it is ready for her niece to pick it u, all I can say is that was not an easy job but it is done now. Well short one today as I am bit tired after yesterday.

                                                                         29/12/21

Well another day of waiting to see the dentist, another bad night even though I slept well my tooth is still so sore so sorry but another day of feeling completely down, I have an appointment at 15-00 and I just feel like going in and telling them to take the tooth out  as even sitting doing this my tooth is throbbing and I have taken that many painkillers when I woke up I felt like I had been at a party and had about two bottles of whisky. Helen feeling poor today felt sick but I did keep her awake most of the night so she is having another sleep in the hope it makes her feel bit better, she did manage breakfast as well. Another awful day it is heavy rain and completely grey which match our moods at the moment if only I can get this tooth sorted so I can get back to helping and not just pacing back and forward trying to get my tooth to settle a bit. So it is painkillers and antibiotics time again but roll on 3pm see if can get something done about it. Well tooth is out and he discovered infection on the root so fillings would not have worked, now have to go back in 4 months see about filling the gaps. Phew hopefully sleep well tonight. 


A photo of Helen’s niece and namesake Helen she has been a great help not only now but since this all started, they have a great relationship and her husband Colin is a real great guy as well. So another small part to this blog I hope to be back again tomorrow. 

                                                                             30/12/21

Good morning on the second last day of 2021 and it has been a bit of an early start, i had a much better night now that my tooth is out but still have a slight headache but i think that nay be down to a bit dehydration as i am dry so will make sure i drink plenty of water today. Been out to hoover Helen’s car and give it all a good clean will take it for a wash and check tyres after breakfast. Helen has had her steroid intake increased to see if it will help her dizziness and she has been feeling tired as well i am hoping this works so she can get out for some fresh air as she has been in the house since Christmas Eve, i am so worried and i think this may be helping cause the headache as well she has been a fighter since I knew her and i just want to see her up and well as i said getting away from these 4 walls so here is hoping this works. My gum is a bit raw but all in all as day goes on i am hoping things will improve and i can begin to feel like my old self again. Right breakfast time. A while ago while in Quebec I bought a photo album and I found it the other day so have decided to make it up with photos of Helen and call it the book of Helen. 

It’s made from dry leaves and string it’s really nice and very fitting, I have already started and need to look out more photographs to fill it up. Well in mancave but going in soon to see how Helen going s and if she is up for a lite lunch. Helens niece came down for a while and after a light lunch i nipped to shops for few things which included a nice bottle of singletons whisky mmmm well it is the new year. So tonight will be another quite one in the hope we can have a bit of time together tomorrow and see in the new year. 

                                                                               31/12/21 
Hello and happy Hogmanay i have had a very busy morning after breakfast which consisted of sausages on a roll for me and cranberry bacon and Brie on toasted roll for Helen who is still not feeling great i am hoping if she can rest again we may be able to see the new year in which will mean everything to me and I’m sure my Helen, i went to meet my brother and his wife and gave him a nice bottle of whisky and his wife flowers and some nice biscuits and had a chat with them it was so good to see them even if it was only for 15min and I’m sure Chris will enjoy a dram tonight. Had to go back into shop as forget to get ham for my soup which is now made and looks and smells great.
Then cook a bit chicken for our tea tonight, after that it was a quick clean of the house which is nearly done and i have stopped to see about lunch and after this i shall finish the house. Tonight will be a couple of beers and maybe couple of drams to see in the new year.  So I sit with a whisky and clementine mix mm cheaper whisky of course and it is very tasty I just thought I would give one a try before I have a few beers tonight and it does look like Helen may be here but she won't have a drink. I have been out again to get candles and rolls. Tonight I will probably listen to some old music and maybe the corries a good few Scottish songs. Helen sits beside me and she does look a wee bit better so am hoping tomorrow she may feel a bit more like herself and enjoy the steak pie and then a nice trifle and maybe even a wee glass of fizz.

I hope that all who read this either now or if someone comes across it in the future that you all have/had a great new year nothing is forever so enjoy the now drink be merry and smile and tell the people closest to you how much they mean to you, have a great night.

                                                                           01/01/22
A very happy new year to you all i hope 2022 brings you better days, i stayed up until around 1 but did not have much to drink Helen stayed up and saw the new year in which was good but she is struggling which has me concerned i was hoping by this time she would hopefully pick up a bit and be able to come out for a while. I have been for a walk just a couple of miles and close to home, i am doing a charity thing called Doddie Aid if you want to know a bit more just google it and hopefully you can join in. Well a new year I’m scared of what this will bring all i want really is my wife back just to see her smile again would make my year all i can do is carry on and take care of that beautiful women. 
I was told once that i was punching above my weight and when i look at photos i cant help but agree she is beautiful but her eyes wow just gorgeous, this photo is from our engagement doo at the arrows bar it was a fantastic night and she was the star of the show, i love this photo she is so happy and i am so lucky and to me she is as beautiful today as in this photo. Helen is up and is dressed so i am going to go in to sit and just be with her, as for tonight well i might have a couple glasses of port i shall wait and see, but once again a happy and prosperous new year to all who take time to read this. If your sitting next to the person you share your life with tell them often that you love them and how beautiful they are. 

                                                                             02/01/22
Up early again so went for a walk before breakfast, Helen is much the same she is a bit sick in the morning and finds it hard to get going, made her breakfast and sorted her tablets out. I am feeling so sad at the moment and so alone and useless at times as their is only so much I can do. So I am going to clean garage and put few things away just to occupy my mind and then maybe a walk again later this afternoon. I have been looking through some photographs trying to find some photos of Helen on Holiday and found this one, it was Egypt where we had a weeks cruise up the Nile and a week in a 5 star hotel.
It was a great holiday seeing most of the temples and just exploring, early evening at the hotel they put on some classical music and you can sit and have a glass of wine and just watch the sun go down it was beautiful. 
Well Helen up around 5 and had a good tea and now we’re both sitting watching around the world in 80days tonight we’ll not much happening I shall make sure Helen is ok and then quick shower.
Photo from an early evening walk couple of years ago Helen way out in front. We’ll not much else to say for this week, it’s not been easy as I stay close to home and only get out for small walks which is fine as I want to stay close to home. So for this week I wish you all well and if you pray say an extra one for my wife. 


No comments:

Post a Comment