Monday 1 March 2021

Up the carrot




 Today’s cycle took me towards Carrot Hill a wee favourite of mine even though the road on the carrot is in some state some really bad pot holes and lot of loose stones so extra care especially when going down the hill. This gives a wee decent elevation takes you to around 1,531ft and is a good climb. As always start from house and head to Sainsbury’s and from there up to wellbank there is a place to turn up to start the carrot but I always head right into wellbank and turn right at the war memorial and just follow the road around until you get to junction then from there turn right onto carrot hill. 


Carrot hill
The first part of this is quite flat but ahead you can see the climb its not that it is steep but the thing with the carrot is it is a steady climb and I always enjoy this and the effort is rewarded with some spectacular views away across to the clova mountains, I often stand there and think even though I’ve done all these mountains I must get back to do them again as they are very good all year round.
I’m sorry for the quality of the photos if you read this and look at photos please let me know how they look.
So from the carrot I headed down to Inverarity now just let me say that there is a great wee shop here you’ll see a box with Tams eggs but there is now a wee shop that they have opened and it is great, mostly all there own stuff nice and fresh and reasonably priced there beef olives are bloody lovely well worth a visit. From there cycle to junction Forfar to left but I was going to Whigstreet another climb but good and head to Kirkbuddo, some nice roads and your out in the country so take it in.


Plenty of birds of pray and just nice country views. So on I go onto Douglaswood bare and sprint to Monikie and on to Drumsturdy rd from here just head straight down to west Pitkerro and back past Sainsbury’s and home.



The carrot hill cycle for me is good as it does throw up a few challenges and also gives you a good climb and gets the legs working and as I have already said your rewarded (if weather is ok) with some great views. It can get bit busy at time but generally its fine. My bike of choice today was once again the ribble .

Ribble sportive have done a bit to this bike but best thing I have done was put Mavic wheels and use tubeless tyres these have been great, I can’t remember the last time I had any issues with punctures and bike looks better with new wheels. Ribble bikes are well worth a look if your thinking of getting into road bikes or if you just fancy a change.
My Felt F7 my first carbon road bike, I love this bike I have had it for years now and hardly gives me any issues I use it now as a winter bike (Although I still use it in summer) and it has been great I remember when I first got this I had it out the box and was away for a cycle and it was great even though I hit a car when I got home not paying  attention there was no damage to bike just me and the car. I would highly recommend Felt.


Raleigh Reynolds retro mtb bike got this for £50 and friend and member of club did a lot of work on it to help get me through real bad winter man its been fun just loved it, steel frame so is heavy but its been a joy to get out on it and just take my time. Needs work done again but will get that done soon.
My prised possession is my Bianchi ever since I started cycling and first saw this bike in the TDF I just thought oh wow I want one and I want Celeste ( colour ) This bike is just to me the biz and it is a completely different feel than my others mmmm well should be as it was a lot more dosh, it is a joy to get out on this it is it just feels smooth and just comfortable to ride. This is the sprint I have put Schawablle 1 tyres on and hopefully this year will add new wheels.



No comments:

Post a Comment