Saturday 6 March 2021

' 35 miles today



 

Woke up this morning and saw the sun so thought lets do this was hoping for 40miles but was wee bit sore so was taken it bit easy today, I was ok most of the run but not sure if it was yesterdays 20miles then today but just felt bit sore so thought 35 is fine today. Started as always in Ferry and headed to Sainsbury’s then the Drumsturdy rd then straight up to the carlungie rd pretty straight forward but nice way to warm the legs up couple of small climbs but fine and it was very still not much wind. This is a road I hit a lot as at moment I try not go to far due to lockdown.



Sun was shining and blue skies as you can see, todays run was going to take me to the back of carrot hill and good climb up from the Inverarity This takes you around by Monikie park after turning left at the end of Carlungie rd another good climb here not so much a big climb but nice gradual climb, felt bit slow today but at these times you have to push on and get through the pain. Top of this climb you shall see the carved owls at the bend just follow bend right around heading towards the park.


I headed straight along this road and crossed at giveaway to take me around the back of Monikie park its a lovely cycle plenty of views mmm which is bad for me as I cant help stopping to take photos, as you go around the road you will come to a right turn passing the sweet nix cafe lovely wee cafe with home made cakes and always nice to stop here but for obvious reasons that’s a no go at moment. From there it is straight rd quite flat but I did notice the wind picking up blowing against me but push on and go straight to the give way past the White House and turned right here. There is a field with deer here and great opportunities for some nice photos.


As you turn right head uphill then just follow this road until you come to sign for Inverarity. This is probably best bit of cycle plenty of  down hills and wind seemed to be behind me and road was clear it was head down and just roll and views were stunning bit of cloud starting to form but just a great bit of road and just the sense of freedom.


Took the country roads right into Inverarity and had a wee break here at the bridge took in a banana and some peanuts before I did the biggest climb up the back of carrot hill or as strava likes to call it the fun side 😄😎 this is good climb from this side road is slightly better and starts flat but you can see the climb begin when you see the farm house.



Good climb and again love this hill but got to say was about here I felt bit of pain in hip so did slow down a bit and into an easier gear but managed but did feel bit slower, so climb up to the top of hill again some great views from here but as I was up not that long ago I kept going down the hill being extra careful as there are lots of loose stones and pot holes. Turned left before bottom of carrot hill and headed along nice road that takes you to Wellbank and down by Kingennie fisheries and back to Drumsturdy then home.

All in all another good day I was so tempted just to keep going  but thought no nothing stupid as there are plenty of days coming to get more miles in and hopefully sunny unlockdown days ones where I can get out on club runs, ones where I can stop and have a coffee a bacon roll, days where I can put the bike in the car and head to the hills. These days are ahead.




                                                                        CHEERS



No comments:

Post a Comment