Sunday 29 August 2021

59 to 60 part 23




                                                                              23/08/21

Hello and welcome to part 23 and to start we are back home from Inverness and although am sore and bit bruised i feel not to bad mmmm well i am still annoyed at the fact my time was 4h 45min and now at the stage i am thinking of going back next year to have another go at this well i have done this 5 times now and not really happy leaving it this way so i will plan to do it again. We had a lovely time yesterday at johnny fox bar few beers and a nice meal then back to the B&B to finish off the wknd with a wee bottle of fizz perfect end to the wknd. Drive back was fine not many hold ups and the sun came out at times which made it bit better, i have to say though by the time i got back home i was feeling shattered, so now i am about to look at some videos of etape and hopefully i shall be able to upload a couple on my blog. I did take some photos last night they light one of the bridges up which is nice 



I do like Inverness it’s a nice place especially for events like this. Well decided to have a sleep and I must have needed it as I woke up at 18-40 and truthfully I think when I get to bed tonight it won’t take me long to fall back asleep, so we decided to have a chipper tea, was the last thing I needed but it did not stop me enjoying it but boy I need to have some light tea’s so cereal tomorrow and a very light tea. 
                                                                Video on summit 

                                                                       24/08/21

Well hello and as you see the video above is from the summit of the climb it says 2018 but that's because if i set the right day then take the card from the camera to upload videos it changes the date why i don't know. It is a good camera this it records o a loop so if your on a long cycle and card gets full it starts at the beginning again, the only down side to this on Sunday it recorded over the start and it also recorded over me falling mmm thank fffff. I am trying to upload another where you can see some of the views of Lochness and the surrounding mountains but it looks like their to big to put on here but i shall keep trying. So onto today decided it was time to get the garden in order so been a busy morning but it is done now, then was out for some shopping and a coffee. Tonight we are going to have a very light tea then maybe a glass of fizz as i am back to work soon so i am looking forward to a very chilled night.  So was sitting earlier on and noticed it was a lovely sunset outside so was out with phone to take a few photos.




This is just from my house and the hill you can see in the distance are the sidlaw hills which i have walked many times great wee walk especially in winter i have a couple of videos which i shall post later this year. Well not a very exciting day but managed to get a few things done, hope tomorrow for a good cycle then trip up to Arbroath then will be home to get stuff ready to go back to work. 

                                                                               25/08/21
Well another nice day lovely and sunny but as hip was still sore this morning i decided to give it a weeks rest so no cycling until hopefully Sunday so after cleaning car it was trip to ferry for coffee and just a chill at the waterfront which was braw. I am back home and doing well my blog and getting work stuff ready for the next three days but I have to say it would be good to be off still as the weather is nice and meant to be like this for few days yet. As i have said before i do like summer but i am a fan of Autumn and winter and do like the snow as you will see as time goes on, i also love the colours of Autumn here is a wee taster.

The bottom photo is from this year it was amazing to see and i know snow can be dangerous and hard for some people to cope with especially elderly but to me it makes things seem so much quieter there is something so peaceful about a snow fall, i remember days growing up in Kirkton in winter one in particular it was not long before Christmas and snow was predicted, i was in my bedroom looking out the window and it started to fall, i watched for ages it was late but i just stayed up and watched everything turn white and the street was empty, me and my brother went out it must have been near 2am and just had great fun even when someone else appeared and started a snowball fight man it was great, i went to my bed it was still dark and snowing and it gave the room this blue tint and it was so quiet, i even think the next day me and one of my brothers went out with a football and played headers much to mums amusement, i honestly did not want to go in i just wanted to sit in the snow and listen to the silence, mmm I hope if your reading this you understand what i mean and as i say i shall put down lots more about this later in the year. Anyway that’s it for today soon be time for my tea then shower and bit of TV before am early night and back to the grind. Byeeeee  

                                                                     29/08/21
Good morning Sunday and it has been a busy three days at work and i am now on my one day off and i feel sore all over and bit weary, not sure if the pain i feel is from the fall last week as i am still a bit bruised with a few more bruises appearing so unfortunately it will be a no bike day but will go for a walk. Work was busy but was fine and the three days went quick, i had to have a heart monitor fitted on Friday as my palpitations have come back so they gave me an ECG first then monitor fitted and have to wear it for three days.

Can’t have a shower so i will be happy. When i finally get this off and have a long shower. It’s been a long time since i have been on level seven of the hospital and few changes their as well but did notice this framed photo their.

They do say that nurses are angels without wings. Well had a wee dram last night and went outside for a bit of fresh air and saw the moon sitting low in the sky so took a couple of photos with my phone and they turned out not to bad the camera on iPhone is good. Am off to Arbroath today and will add bit more later.




Well 1700hrs and just back home rhubarb crumble in the oven smells braw and to be honest with it being a school night well not much else to report, we both went to Arbroath and put flowers down at Helens mums grave and then went sat at the cliffs and had a cup of tea and cakes mmmm god how boring do I sound well yes I’d love a pint or two but it is a school night and to be honest I’m tired so think couple of beers would knock me out completely but i do have a bottle of blond beer in fridge so may treat myself to one bottle later on tonight. Well maybe not the most exciting end to this weeks blog but hopefully next weeks i can add a bit more about  growing up and holidays and even me getting married to Helen ooooooo i here you shout……. Until then byeeeeee
GED


  

No comments:

Post a Comment