Sunday 8 August 2021

59 to 60 Part 20



                                                                             03/08/21

Hello and welcome to part 20 of this blog and as always if you are reading this i hope you are liking it or maybe just putting up with it as something to pass the time, yesterday (Monday) was a work day and it all went well not many issues at all and i am now off until Friday when i am back 2 days then off for 10 whoopie i hope the weather stays fine as i am now preparing for the etape Lochness and today i managed 31miles which was very enjoyable and hope to add more tomorrow. But off out for a coffee now and see if we can see the dolphins today.

No dolphins but been a nice sunny day and got some fresh strawberries n raspberries and basically just had a quiet kind of afternoon, back home and bit of blog time and yes a nice chill. Here couple of photos from cycle run today.




Yesterday while at work a patient asked me about a tattoo i have on my left arm i say tattoo but it is a home made and well not very good, so it was 1976 i was 13 and i was going out with this girl her name was Fiona i cannot remember her second name but i do remember she had long brown hair and she was good looking ( well of course she was 😂) and i also remember sitting in a friends house with her in Kirkton my brother was there and few mates and a song came on from a group called pussycat and song was called Mississippi and me and her were singing along to it holding hands ahhh shucks 😂 and just seem to remember liking her mmm so myself my brother now there was someone else but i can’t remember who we got Indian ink and decided to do our own tattoos and i decided to put her initial on my arm also being an Arab i put Utd and also a cross mmm why a cross i don’t  know, as you will see from the photo this never worked for me and i swear the girl Fiona left me before i finished the tattoo 😂 oh and maw wasn’t to happy either as there is no hiding it especially when your that age, i know sometime tell people it stands for FUD 😂 
                                                                                    FUD
It is also worth saying that i fancied the lead singer in pussycat as well but I’m no putting that on my arm ha ha.
                                                                        Pusssycat Mississippi 
I wish sometimes my memory was a bit better and also i took more photographs when i was young but at this time we never had phones or really cameras were not as easy to use as they are now also i cant really remember having one in the house until latter, ah well it is what it is. So onto tonight not much on feeling bit tired so 40winks due me thinks.

                                                                            04/03/21
Well it has been a very warm day today i was out for 25miles on bike and climbed carrot hill then down to Inverarity then reversed it it was roasting and as i sit here now doing this i think the sun did get to me a bit ☀️ as i began to get wee bit weary later on in the day but am glad i did it as it helps with training for the 22nd and 4mile climb which is in the event at Inverness oh it is also helping me get a bit fitter as well whoop. Here are some pictures from today.





As you can see it was hot and quite humid as well, by all accounts Friday is going to be thundery with heavy rain well I’m back at work so as long as it’s gone Sunday 😂 Well it is a short one today as I have few things to do so until tomorrow byeeee . 

                                                                            05/08/21
Well what a day this was meant to be my relax day but had to go and pick up 40 slabs then Dale next door had his decking delivered so gave him a hand to carry it around the back garden and the good news is my arm seems to have held out well bit sore at times but all good, so i am now back in house ready to get some relax time in before tomorrow as back to work for two days then my ten days off which i think I will need 😂 an but truthfully i have always been a grafter working in the building trade as a precaster and then for Scottish water digging holes and laying pipe before moving onto my job i have now with the NHS which i am proud to work for, who would have thought after three years nearly of doing berry little i would end up doing what i do. If you remember me going on about my first job with manpower i can honestly say that i was worried about my year being up and then being out of a job, i had already met Helen and she was great telling me something would turn up and it did, a friend told me to get in touch with a building company called Robert McNeil builders there place was in Harestane Rd not far from where i grew up. I went down on the Monday morning and got started straight away as a labourer but then got moved into the yard to work with the then precaster John who was a good guy and taught me how to do certain thing like making slabs, posts and window sills we also made a lot of designed things which you can still see in Dundee one of them being the old Debenhams store, it was a good time and a lot of it i spent on my own just making things with concrete or keeping the yard mmm cleanish, when John the precaster retired i took over his job and it was busy but i managed and most of the time i was on my own i had radio on and just did my job but as time went on you could see things were not going to plan for McNeils people stopped buying so much of him and work was not coming in, i had already applied for a job with Scottish water three times and on the third time i got the job, I think McNeils lasted for while after that but the writing was on the wall I’m not sure when they closed down but they are their no more.
So rest of the day i think there is football on tonight so may watch that but generally just have a quiet evening after such a busy day, oh and i have sold one of my photos to girl in Perth which is good i had it printed on metal and it looks fine.

I also have it in a glass frame and hope to sell this to, i don’t generally ask for much it is just a hobby but if people leave a lot of comments on a photo then i tend to see if i can sell it.

                                                                                 08/08/21
Well another Sunday and as we draw to the end of another week and another part of this blog i can’t believe how quick these weeks are passing and i wish i can slow them down 😂 but onwards and upwards, a good two days at work and even better as yesterday my team Dundee United beat the zombies 1-0 a result i really did not expect as they have gone 40 games in the league without losing and truthfully it was a well deserved win, i have issues with the club at the moment the stupid prices they are asking for amongst other things but i have no issues with the team mmm well apart from the fact they have not been great recently, so to get that result and seeing all the loyal fans back at tannadice was just great to see so i hope we can push on from this result. Today i feel bit tired so i shall do some walking and stretching exercise today but am not going to push it and hopefully weather permitting it will be bike time tomorrow and more training for the etape. So off i go to start the day.
                                                                       And she really is 
Benn a funny kind of day but my body was fast in telling me it needed a break so after stretch and a very small walk it was time to get home fix a new toilet seat and Christ i even started sweating doing that i am now sitting having a lager and still enjoying yesterdays beaten of the zombies 😂 
Kept hearing how good this Birra Moretti is so thought I’d sit back and enjoy a couple of tins before my tea tonight mmm well i am on Holiday and yes it is not bad at all for an Italian lager 🍺 so cheers yall. I think the lifting of 40 slabs and decking on my day of rest Thursday past then two days work has caught up with me today but am hoping tomorrow i feel a bit more lively so can get out for a bike run. Well what can i say another blog complete and another Sunday in the house to chill as it does look like we are in for a heavy burst of 🌧 again i thank you all who take time to read this and hope it brings a smile to your face mmm or maybe even a tear to your eye. I will go into mor memory’s next blog but for now thanks again.
Ged 





No comments:

Post a Comment