Sunday 12 September 2021

59 to 60 part 25

06/09/21

 Hello and welcome to part 25 of this my blog and i hope this finds you well. Slept not to bad again but woke really early around 7-30am and could not get back to sleep so was up and did a couple of things and although i do feel better i still feel bit weary at times. So anyway i had a txt from spokes this morning to tell me my bike is now ready to be picked up which was quicker than i thought but they have done a splendid job on putting the bar tape on and also a wee tweak to the gears and a clip beside my front chain rings and at a cost of £50 well that’s not to bad.


My Bianchi with its matching Celeste bar tape man how cool this bike looks i just need to get myself feeling bit better to get out on it before the bad weather comes in, the next thing to get done on this bike will be new wheels but that will be next year. I also had bit time in garden and had a go at my next wee project for my man shed remember this is just first go πŸ˜‚ 
I hear you all shout WTF is that ha ha well as i say it is my first attempt and this is not stuck down on the wood as yet but i hope to get one done before the shed arrives. Right time to head out for wee while couple of things to do.
A good trip into the ferry for just a look around then down onto the beach to search for some driftwood but not much luck but did get more shells 🐚 amazed really how little wood their was on the beach today but it was nice and not many people about and the sun came out as well so that was good. It is a short start to this weeks blog as have couple of things to do but hopefully tomorrow will add a bit more. 

                                                                         07/09/21

Good morning and another not bad night sleep so i have phoned work and if everything goes well at Helens appointment today i shall return to work tomorrow for a couple of days to see how things go and hopefully get back on track. I am not one to take time off unless i feel really poor and i mean that in most jobs that i have done, i think the longest i was off was when Helen was diagnosed again with cancer and she had to go to Edinburgh for a big operation and i needed up staying their for 14days while she recovered, i think i walked most of that city in these days but hey it was not a problem as long as Helen was ok that’s all that mattered. I remember certain days especially the day she had the operation it was march the 3rd the day before my birthday it was one of the longest of my life, Joyce her sister came through to be with me and of course to see Helen, the operation took most of the day and i was mainly on my own and i think i saw Joyce around six and it was not long after that we were told that the op was over and she was in ICU for recovery, we were aloud in too see her for ten minutes and in these minutes she looked of course shattered and still very much out of it but i do remember her telling me to fuck off ha ha can’t remember why think it was the drugs she was on but it did cheer me up. I asked the nurse if it was ok for me to call later around midnight and she said it would be no issue, so i phoned to ask how she was and i could not believe it when the nurse asked if I would like to talk to her! And of course i said yes it was just a brief chat but she got to wish me a happy birthday which well of course is the best present ever. The next day i went to see her she was in another ward sitting up and she was able to walk a bit as well in a lot of pain of course but that was a good sign indeed and as i have said she was out and home after 14 days and i stayed of to help her recover which did take a long time but she got there, well she is still fighting and long may this continue. So consultant today back of two and hopefully we can start getting on top of her hand and shoulder being sore.

So i shall start to get things ready for tomorrow and see how it goes, it is a nice day out but i know it is meant to change as of tomorrow but hey if i am at work that’s fine. So all went ok at consultants Helen on drop of morphine and has had an X-ray they will remove fluid if this is needed. We are now off to the Fort for a bite to eat mmm and may have a couple of pints as well.

                                                                         10/09/21

Hello Friday and today is the day i was back on the  bike whoopie, but first week has been ok feel lot better and work was fine as always. Today i took Helen for her treatment and while she was meant to be getting it i was off into town to put some money into my savings account for my scooter πŸ›΅ and while their Helen had txt me to say treatment was not going ahead as she is getting fluid removed from her lung this coming Tuesday so it was a quick nip back to the car to pick her up again but did manage a couple of photos on way back of thistles and there colour was very purple.


So it was off to Clarks for a bacon roll and a cup of tea and then to pick some stuff up for my project from the Range then back home and was out for a wee 18miles on the bike and it felt so good to be back out, i never did anything to strenuous but it was warm and just great feeling to be out on the Felty.
And hopefully will push it a bit more tomorrow if the weather stays fine. Have not had many photos opportunity’s but someone else at my work has purchased another one of my photos off cherry blossom trees which give me a good feeling that people have my work on their walls they have impeccable taste πŸ˜‚  i hope in years to come people ask who took the photos…. Mmm Maybe not.
                                                                   Cherry blossoms trees
So now showered and a simple tea tonight of soup and a sandwich as had a bacon roll earlier, not much else planned for today or tonight so we shall see what Saturday brings.

                                                                             11/09/21
So Saturday began with a simple breakfast and then a another outing on the bike building up the miles again hoping all keeps going well, yeah i am a bit sore but I suppose that is to be expected but i have to say the last two days getting out on the bike has been a real sense of freedom and although their was a quite strong wind head wind on way back in no way did it spoil the enjoyment of this cycle run. Was the Rib today.

Great. Bike this and rolls really well, was out around by Crombie park today and was up to 21miles so few more than yesterday even though it was windy it was still warm and sunny at times, saw few other cyclists out enjoying the sun as well and truthfully i felt like adding more but no don't want to be Silly and push it to much in first few days, stopped for a wee break outside Crombie park apart from few cars it was nice and quiet.


So a very good start to the day and this afternoon if i don’t go out then i shall be in the garden trying to level off the place where the man shed is going next Friday. Back in from garden and thinking that what i have done or the base i have made for my man shed will just have to do i have decided to just make it mainly slabs as they can put pallets on this and hopefully that will level it off. So a full day of work so i think i deserve a nice glass off red wine mmmm maybe a bottle. I used to go from liking red wine for a few months then i would revert back to white but i have to say it is at the moment mainly red that i like but on a real hot day i do like a really cold glass of fruity white but not to sweet, when me and Helen started going out and I moved in with her Helen used to go to work on Friday and i would sit in the house and probably drink a bottle of  Liebfraumilch wine which was sweet but not to sweet and then go up to frews bar around nine and have a few beers while Helen worked and then sometimes they would let me wait for her and we would both walk home mmm well i would more stagger home πŸ˜‚ happy days indeed. Anyway enough for today as it is soon time for tea i want to leave you with a photo of my niece Daebbie and it says it all and also I could not be more proud of her.
                                                                            Debbie ❤️ 

                                                                             12/09/21
Well another Sunday has arrived and it has been bit of a busy morning off to tip with some rubbish then bit of a tidy up in the garden. For the rest of the day well think i may take it easy as i have had a bit of a busy week so need to give the body a bit of a rest. I cleaned the car out and decided to see how comfy it was in the back and i have to say when you put the seats forward as far as they go you get an amazing amount of space, just to explain i was seeing if i can take it away to the mountain during the winter and stay in the back and it does look like i will be able to do this in a bit of comfort, my thinking was to take either my tent or just my pop up tent where i can leave things in to keep the space in the back of the car or if the weather was ok just stay in the tent ⛺️, i usually get a pod but the prices have shot up and the amount of times i have driven someplace and either met or seen someone staying in a van that they have done up or people staying in tents or even doing what i am thinking of doing, so soon i am going to try this just an overnight up at Glenshee to see how i get on and maybe do a cycle first day and then the day i will be heading home do a couple of the easier Munro’s before i drive home, and if it works maybe earlier next year go to my favourite place in the world Glencoe.
                                                                     Winter in the Coe 
I remember being their and after a day of walking i decided to go to the Clachaig for a few beers at night, the place was really busy and even though i was on my own i did not feel out of place, i met a guy called Richard and we talked and drank rather a lot of whisky but i discovered that he had done up his own van and parked beside the clachaig, so while at the end of the night i had to pay £30 to get back to where i was staying (which i did really like) he simply came out and went to his van to sleep so his whole wknd probably cost him how much he had to pay for fuel bloody perfect. Anyway on to the rest of this day lets see what it brings…… not much me thinks. Now In the gunners bar place I’ve not been for a while and not much has changed drunks one side and people enjoying a drink the other πŸ˜‚ for me it’s a nice cold pint of cider. 
I used to drink here quite a bit but ever since he brewers took it over it has never been the same. I recognise some faces but I used to walk in and find someone to talk to but not so much today mmmm at this current time their is one guy sleeping across from me fkn pussy I remember going out and not getting home until the early hours then get up and play a game of fitba then back on the bevvy ha ha man some days. Well I have now moved on to Doc Ferry’s bar very busy as well and much better place, it’s amazing really all this time I’ve stayed in Broughty Ferry and I know very few people but truthfully I don’t have that many friends these days I look around and see groups of people all out together all enjoying a beer and a laugh which is good to see, I remember days like these especially Sunday afternoons I used to love Sunday afternoons in the pub their was always a great atmosphere mmm well there still is people out having few drinks before tea or just out to have fun, recently I’ve found things difficult that way I used to honk I was quite a popular guy to be around and I don’t mean that in a boastful way I just thought people enjoyed my company but since my 50th I came to realise that this is not the case so mainly if I am out on hen I am with Helen which is all that matters or I am on my own and I suppose in some ways I’ve gotten used to it. 
                                  Doc ferrys
Well along now in one of my favourite bars Royal Arch a real old bar and it also does good food as well not as busy though but if you get a seat at the bar and their is football on then it’s a good place for a couple of beers. 
Now back home, pizza for tea and now just watching tv, and so comes the end of another weeks blog and as always i finish with if you read this please continue and until the next week thank you for taking the time to read.
Ged 
  
                              
 


     




No comments:

Post a Comment